Looking to develop your landscape photography skills whilst on holiday in Torridon and Wester Ross? Maybe you’re doing the North Coast 500 and want to capture some special images to take home with you? I’d love it if you’d join me for a day out with our cameras in this beautiful part of the Scottish Highlands.
- Duration: 1 day
- Start/Finish: We’ll agree a suitable meeting point in the Wester Ross area.
- Suitability: Suitable for beginners and intermediate photographers. All locations are within a short walking distance. Average level of fitness required.
- Price: £350 for an individual | £400 for 2 people | £450 for 3 or 4 people
“As complete beginners, we had mastered the basics of our digital compacts by lunchtime and spent the afternoon on the more complicated DSLRs.suzanne duff
Karen tailored the day to what we wanted and where we wanted to go. Her advice was practical and delivered at a perfect pace – not too much too soon, but at a pace to keep your interest.
Add to that her lovely character and professionalism with the booking system, and you have a perfect combination.
We’re practicing valuable skills in the field and will book again next year to improve even further and discover more fantastic shooting locations in the Highlands.”
- Develop your landscape photography skills in the spectacular landscapes of Wester Ross in the north west Highlands.
- Discover lochs, bays and beaches with stunning mountainous backdrops.
- Learn from one-to-one tuition in the field and a critique session.
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch at the community-owned GALE Centre in Gairloch.
Wester Ross is home to some of the most stunning landscapes in the Scottish Highlands. On this one day workshop, we’ll visit some beautiful lochs, bays and beaches with spectacular mountainous backdrops. I first visited Wester Ross as a very young child and have returned to this region time and again throughout my life to capture some of the finest scenery in Scotland which will no doubt appeal to any landscape photographer.
Below is a sample itinerary, to give you a feel for the type of locations we’ll visit. Expect this to change a little, so that we can take advantage of the weather and tidal conditions on the day. Also, don’t worry if you think you might ‘run out of steam’ by the afternoon; I don’t mind substituting one of the afternoon locations for a café!
09:30 – Meet and greet.
10:30 – Arrive at our first location on the shore of Loch Clair overlooking the Torridon mountains, Liathach and Beinn Eighe. We’ll run through some theory before setting up our cameras and tripods.
11:30 – Travel north a short distance and explore the shores of Loch Maree with views towards the mountain of Slioch.
13:30 – Enjoy a relaxing lunch and a comfort break at the community-owned GALE Centre in Gairloch.
14:30 – Explore various scenic locations along the coast to the north of Gairloch, including Tournaig, Gruinard Bay and Mellon Udrigle with views towards An Teallach and the mountains of Assynt and Coigach.
17:00 – Drop off.
The price includes the following:
- A light lunch (e.g. soup and a sandwich) served with a hot drink.
- All transport during the workshop and pick-up and drop-off in the Wester Ross area.
- One-to-one tuition and critique session.
The price does NOT include the following:
- Any additional meals or snacks.
- Any other items not referred to in the itinerary.
Still have a few questions? That’s fine! Just click the link below and I’ll do my best to answer them.
© Karen Thorburn Photography
All rights reserved
Privacy & Cookies Policy