Dates: please contact me to arrange a suitable date
Duration: 1 day
Start/Finish: We will agree a suitable meeting point in Broadford or close by
Grade: Easy/Moderate (suitable for beginners and intermediate photographers; all locations are within short walking distance; average level of fitness required)
Price: £300 for an individual | £350 for 2 to 4 people
“Karen is a very patient and kind instructor… a first rate tutor. She simplifies the complicated formulas of ISO, F-Stops and Shutter Speed. Our workshop was on the Isle of Skye. Taking her instructions, we composed professional grade photographs in breathtakingly beautiful areas while avoiding hundreds of tourists. We would highly recommend her workshops for photography enthusiasts of all levels.”
– Terry Harrison and Terry Herbeck (Isle of Skye Workshop)
- Develop your photography skills in the spectacular landscapes of the Isle of Skye in the north west Highlands of Scotland.
- Get off the beaten track and discover peaceful locations with stunning views of the Cuillin mountains.
- Step back in time at sites of historical interest such as Dunscaith Castle.
- Learn from one-to-one tuition in the field and a critique session.
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch at Armadale Castle.
Spend a day developing your landscape photography skills in the relaxed company of Karen Thorburn and enjoy exploring the spectacular Isle of Skye.
The Isle of Skye is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes in Scotland. The island is understandably very popular and has become much busier in recent years. On this one day workshop, I will take you to some stunning locations away from the tourist hot-spots but still with beautiful views towards the Cuillin mountains. I first visited Skye when I was only nine years old and have been inspired to return countless times over the years to photograph the mountainous and coastal scenery which will no doubt appeal to any landscape photographer.
Learn from one-to-one tuition in the field and a critique session which will be delivered in a positive way with the intention of inspiring you as opposed to denting your confidence!
Here is a sample itinerary. Expect this to change in order to take advantage of weather and tidal conditions as well as the best locations for photography.
09:30 – Meet and greet.
10:30 – Arrive at our first location on the Sleat peninsula; the hamlet of Ord with magnificent views over a beach towards the Cuillin mountains. We’ll run through some theory before setting up our cameras and tripods.
11:30 – Travel west a short distance and walk out to the ruins of Dunscaith Castle (1.6km each way). This ancient castle offers magnificent views across Loch Eishort to the Cuillins.
13:00 – Break for lunch at Armadale Castle.
14:00 – Explore the enchanting woodland at Rubha Phòile by Armadale Pier.
15:30 – Explore the shores above Loch Slapin with views towards the spectacular summit of Blaven.
17:00 – I’ll drop you off you after a successful day of landscape photography. Hopefully you’ll feel that your skills will have improved and you’ll be inspired to put everything into practice as you continue on your photography journey.
The price includes the following:
- A light lunch served with a hot drink.
- All transport during the workshop and pick-up and drop-off in the Broadford area.
- One-to-one tuition and critique session.
The price does NOT include the following:
- Any additional meals or snacks.
- Any other items not referred to in the itinerary.
Tel: +44 (0)7761985752
© Karen Thorburn