“This wasn’t my first workshop with Karen so I knew I was in for a great day!CHARLES WHITE
Karen has spent a lot of time finding excellent viewpoints not generally frequented by other photographers.
Karen has a wealth of photographic experience and I was able to build upon previous instruction and guidance.
I came away with very pleasing images and a desire to further my skills.”
Looking to develop your landscape photography skills during your holiday on the Isle of Skye? I’d love it if you’d join me for a day out with our cameras on this spectacular island!
- Develop your landscape photography skills in the spectacular landscapes of the Isle of Skye.
- Get off the beaten track and discover peaceful locations with stunning views of the Cuillin mountains.
- Spend a day alone with a down-to-earth, friendly professional photographer who will put you at ease.
- Learn from one-to-one tuition in the field, with all feedback delivered in a positive way which will boost your confidence.
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch at Armadale Pier, complete with cake!
- Access to a free landscape landscape photography eBook recapping on the key learning points from the day.
“Karen is a very patient and kind instructor; a first rate tutor.terry harrison and terry herbeck
She simplifies the complicated formulas of ISO, f-stops and shutter speeds.
Taking her instructions, we composed professional grade photographs in breathtakingly beautiful areas while avoiding hundreds of tourists.
We would highly recommend her workshops for photography enthusiasts of all levels.”
The Isle of Skye is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes in Scotland. Understandably, Skye is very popular and has become much busier in recent years. On this one day workshop, I’ll take you to locations offering stunning views of the Cuillin mountains, away from the tourist hot-spots.
I was only nine years old when I first visited Skye but it made a huge impression on me! I’ve returned countless times over the years to photograph the mountainous and coastal scenery which will no doubt appeal to any landscape photographer.
Here’s a sample itinerary, to give you an idea of the number and types of locations we’ll visit. We might deviate from this a little, so that we can take advantage of the weather and tidal conditions on the day. Also, don’t worry if you think you might ‘run out of steam’ by the afternoon; I don’t mind substituting the last location for a café!
09:30 – Meet and greet.
10:30 – Arrive at our first location on the Sleat peninsula; the hamlet of Ord with magnificent views over a beach towards the Cuillin mountains. We’ll run through some theory before setting up our cameras and tripods.
11:30 – Travel west a short distance and walk out to the ruins of Dunscaith Castle. This ancient castle offers magnificent views across Loch Eishort to the Cuillins.
13:00 – We’ll stop for a relaxing lunch at Armadale Pier (cake included!).
14:00 – Capture details within the landscape at the enchanting woodland at Rubha Phoile by Armadale Pier.
15:30 – Explore the shores above Loch Slapin with views towards the spectacular summit of Blaven.
17:00 – Drop off.
Summary and Booking
- Duration: 1 day
- Start/Finish: We’ll agree a suitable meeting point in Broadford or close by
- Suitability: Suitable for beginners and intermediate photographers. All locations are within a short walking distance. Average level of fitness required.
- Price: £350 for an individual | £400 for 2 people | £425 for 3 people
The price includes the following:
- A light lunch (e.g. a panini) served with a hot drink and a slice of cake!
- All transport during the workshop and pick-up and drop-off in the Broadford area.
- One-to-one in-depth tuition covering camera settings and composition.
- Auto to manual camera settings in one day.
- Feedback session delivered in a positive way.
- Access to a comprehensive landscape photography eBook.
The price does NOT include the following:
- Any additional meals or snacks.
- Any other items not referred to in the itinerary.
Still have a few questions? No problem! Just click the link below and I’ll do my best to answer them.
© Karen Thorburn Photography
All rights reserved
Privacy & Cookies Policy