* Details of workshop packages and fees payable are provided here.
Contract Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all photographic workshop bookings made through Karen Thorburn Photography and will form the basis of your contract with Karen Thorburn Photography.
1. This Contract is entered into by Karen Thorburn Photography and the Client. Karen Thorburn Photography’s contact details are as follows:
Karen Thorburn Photography
Mobile: +44 (0)7761985752
Landline: +44 (0)1349870895
2. This contract is accompanied by a completed “Workshop Booking Form”, which shall be read in conjunction with and shall form an integral part of this Contract.
3. The retainer fee and total fee payable shall be dependent upon the workshop package selected by the Client in completing the Workshop Booking Form, which details the fees payable for each booking option. The Client is required to select one of the listed packages at the time of making the booking.
4. At the time of booking, the Client shall provide full payment upfront, in return for which Karen Thorburn Photography shall reserve a place for the Client on the selected workshop. A confirmation email will be sent to the Client by Karen Thorburn Photography with trip details. Fifty per cent (50%) of this fee is non-refundable and is not transferable to any other date.
5. If the Client does not make payment as it falls due in accordance with the terms of Clauses 3 to 4 above, Karen Thorburn Photography reserves the right to cancel the booking, terminate this Contract and retain the non-refundable retainer fee.
6. Payments can be made by bank transfer, cash and cheque.
Bank transfer (preferred):
Account name: Karen Thorburn Photography
Account number: 00602422
Sort code: 83-15-17
Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland
Reference: your surname and workshop date
Payable to: Karen Thorburn Photography
To be posted to:
Cancellation by the Client
7. Should the Client need to cancel a workshop booking, then it is their sole responsibility to do so in writing or by email. The Client must ensure that this instruction has been received by Karen Thorburn Photography. Karen Thorburn Photography will personally contact the Client to discuss the cancellation and send confirmation of the details received.
8. The cancellation policy is as follows:
a. If a cancellation is made more than two (2) calendar months before the workshop date, Karen Thorburn Photography will provide a fifty per cent (50%) refund of the full amount paid.
b. If a cancellation is made within two (2) calendar months of the workshop date, no refund will be provided by Karen Thorburn Photography.
9. All reasonable efforts will be made to re-allocate any cancelled workshop places. If the Client’s cancelled place is filled, then any monies paid by the Client shall be fully re-funded by Karen Thorburn Photography.
10. Where a partial or full refund is to be provided by Karen Thorburn Photography, the total amount due shall be returned to the Client, minus any fees incurred by using an online processor such as PayPal or bank transfer.
11. Workshop bookings are non-transferable between participants and/or workshops.
12. If the Client fails to arrive at the designated meeting place at the workshop start time, this will be treated as a cancellation by the Client and no refund will be provided by Karen Thorburn Photography.
Description of Services
13. Karen Thorburn Photography will provide photographic tuition as outlined in the relevant workshop package. The workshop package selected is described on the price list in effect at the date this Contract is signed.
14. Karen Thorburn Photography reserves the right to change the workshop itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. Karen Thorburn Photography will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services or locations that are not utilised as a result.
Limitation of Liability
15. Workshops will operate with one or more participating photographers. In the event of the Client’s workshop being cancelled by Karen Thorburn Photography for any reason other than non-payment by the Client (Clauses 3 to 4 above), the Client’s payment will be refunded in full. If Karen Thorburn Photography cancels the Client’s chosen workshop, all reasonable efforts will be made to advise the Client at least three (3) weeks prior to the workshop start date.
16. If Karen Thorburn Photography is unable to operate the Client’s chosen workshop due to any circumstances beyond Karen Thorburn Photography’s reasonable control, including (without limitation) natural disasters, civil unrest, force majeure, injury, sickness or technical difficulties, all reasonable efforts will be made by Karen Thorburn Photography to arrange an alternative date to the reasonable satisfaction of the Client, although this cannot be guaranteed. Karen Thorburn Photography shall have no further liability to the Clients for any additional losses, costs or expenses incurred as a result of any inability to attend under this Clause.
17. If Karen Thorburn Photography is unable to operate the Client’s chosen workshop due to any circumstances beyond Karen Thorburn Photography’s reasonable control, Karen Thorburn Photography’s liability shall be limited to a full refund of monies paid.
18. Karen Thorburn Photography’s workshops can involve travel in remote areas where amenities and medical facilities are not readily available. All reasonable efforts will be made by Karen Thorburn Photography to ensure the Client’s safety and well-being; however, it is a fundamental condition of booking that the Client accepts the risks and hazards involved in visiting roadside locations, remote areas and rugged terrain.
19. Due to the adventurous nature of some workshops, the Client must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by Karen Thorburn Photography.
20. It is recommended that all participants be fully insured for the duration of the workshop. Participants are responsible for arranging their own insurance. It is recommended that this covers medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. It is advisable that the Client also has cancellation and curtailment in his or her insurance policy. It is also advisable that the Client should be insured against loss or damage to baggage and personal possessions, including all photographic equipment.
21. Karen Thorburn Photography will not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness incurred on the Client’s chosen workshop. Furthermore, Karen Thorburn Photography will not accept responsibility for lack of fitness, carelessness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the Client.
22. If the Client has a disability or illness, he or she should inform Karen Thorburn Photography at the time of booking so that Karen Thorburn Photography can provide advice on the suitability of the workshop.
23. Personal items, valuables and baggage, including photographic equipment, remain the responsibility of the Client at all times. Karen Thorburn Photography will not accept responsibility for any loss of personal items, valuables or baggage, including photographic equipment, during the Client’s chosen workshop.
24. By entering into this Contract, the Client accepts responsibility for any equipment loaned to the Client by Karen Thorburn Photography during the Client’s chosen workshop, and the Client must pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment whilst in his or her possession.
25. It is the Client’s own responsibility to make travel arrangements to workshop starting points. Karen Thorburn Photography cannot take responsibility for any travel delays encountered by the Client.
26. Karen Thorburn Photography is unable to accept bookings from persons under eighteen (18) years of age.
27. Any complaints regarding the Client’s chosen workshop should be made in writing within fourteen (14) days of the workshop end date to Karen Thorburn Photography, Glendhu Cottage, Balblair, Dingwall, Ross-shire, IV7 8LL or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Karen Thorburn Photography will endeavour to respond within seven (7) days.
28. The Law of Scotland shall apply in the unlikely event of a dispute arising. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between Karen Thorburn Photography and the Client within six (6) weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Karen Thorburn Photography and the Client shall attempt to settle the dispute by mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court in Inverness shall have jurisdiction.
29. Karen Thorburn Photography will store the Client’s details on a private internal database. These details will not be made available to companies or individuals outwith Karen Thorburn Photography.
30. By completing this online form, the Client hereby agrees to enter into a contract with Karen Thorburn Photography as detailed above. Any person making a workshop booking on behalf of others accepts that all persons covered by the booking are bound by this Contract and Terms and Conditions. This Contract is subject to normal Terms and Conditions as a written contract would be.
© Karen Thorburn
Tel: +44 (0)7761985752